Rome, NY Sucks

But At Least We're Not Utica

Sunday, August 30, 2015

The More Things Change

This month, Hess gas station on Black River Boulevard changed to Speedway, with some color and signage changes to match. This gives me an opportunity to get to a post I've been planning for some time, but never got to.


I was sitting in a car while the driver was getting gas at Hess when I looked at a view very similar to the one above that I took this spring. It is of the Sears Oil Company. There is a Sears Oil Station that was restored to it's former appearance (but is not operational). This office building, however, has not changed in some time, either, even though cars park there every day.

I started thinking about the main drag in North Rome, Black River Boulevard from the Credit Union (the darker building in the picture) to the corner at Chestnut Street. There are no houses and I can remember what all of the buildings used to look like over the last 30 years. Sears Oil, to the best of my knowledge, has not changed.

Time marches on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home