Rome, NY Sucks

But At Least We're Not Utica

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

School Board Follies

THIS time I've put a reminder clock up to remind us (me) of this year's budget vote. We can defeat it. It was so close last year. I see RTA is about 520 members, which means current average salary tops $60,000. At an hourly level, it's around $35 an hour. Being a union, the teachers making less that half that will be getting the ax if the School Board can't beg, borrow, bully or steal the difference in the money they have to the money they want.

I'm going to be brief since I have a backlog of newspapers as it it. School budget vote is May 15. If anyone knows what the general voting locations are, let me know.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At March 20, 2007 8:05 PM, Blogger Rebecca Mecomber said…

    My bet is that they will bully for the money, and if that doesn't work, then they'll steal it.

    What else can you call it but theft when taxes are confiscatory (pay or lose your home) and results are abysmal? One-FIFTH of the nation is functionally illiterate?!?!? But those kids sure are condom-literate and hip-hop literate.

    I don't see why those budgets keep getting passed. The parents are as stupid as the kids.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home