Rome, NY Sucks

But At Least We're Not Utica

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Another Escapee

Laura from bbmoo's relations left New York state for (relatively this winter) warmer pastures in Texas. SInce I've started this blog, about half of my fellow CNY bloggers have relocated for one reson or another. I suppose the people who blog around here have something to reveal about the area and are more likely to take the path out of town when given the chance.

So, would I leave if I got the chance? Hell, yes. Governor Spitzer would do well to recognize this fact. As much as he would love to tax businesses and require that every citizen have a new car and a big screen TV provided by the state, he should look at the states we're moving to and give a ring to those governors.

3 Comments:

  • At January 20, 2007 5:24 PM, Blogger Strikeslip said…

    Y'know, you could change the masthead on your blog to read:
    "Oneida County: Now 26+% Smaller (and still shrinking)"

    because that is the percentage decline since 1970.

     
  • At January 21, 2007 10:53 AM, Blogger RomeHater said…

    You know, I would, but the taxes probably help with the population loss figure.

    Besides, according to local government, people don't matter. All we need are businesses and "good paying jobs."

     
  • At January 22, 2007 7:40 PM, Blogger Laura said…

    I could send you the classifieds. :)

    My regret is that we didn't have lunch together. We could've co-written a post for the OC restaraunt site.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home