Rome, NY Sucks

But At Least We're Not Utica

Thursday, May 11, 2006

11 Months

That's the post mortem on my first CFL bulb. It didn't quite last the 5 years advertised, but the news is still pretty good. My estimate is that it lasted about 5500 of the 6000 hours listed on the package. In that time, I would have had to buy about 5 incandecent lights and paid 4 times as much for energy.

In my 340 days of use, I have saved over $30 over the cost of replacement and electricity costs. I used 250 kilowatt-hours less than I would have with a standard bulb. From this point forward, I plan to get a better quality CFL bulb with an 8000 hour lifespan and possibly a fixture that doesn't use little lifespan shortening clips.

1 Comments:

  • At May 19, 2006 6:34 PM, Blogger RomeHater said…

    Need a consultant? Anyway, My bulb was 9 watts which made it a bit dim. I'd go to 13 next. I have no idea what the color temp is. I'd suggest you go for a brand name like GE to get the warmest light.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home