Rome, NY Sucks

But At Least We're Not Utica

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Is This Winter Finally Over?

This may be the worst winter for driving I have experienced in Oneida County. In one particular white-out, I had to park in a lot at a building on 233 for an hour until dumber people than I am cleared a path. Getting a snowblower helped my mental health, but I sure had to use it.

The groundhog notwithstanding, the unseasonably warm weather has broken the hold of this winter. Even as the warm fronts are knocked down, seasonal temperatures are going above 30 and heavy, persistent snowfalls are getting less likely all the time. Still, there is the legend of the Mother's Day snowstorm looming over us for the next couple of months.

For me, it's close enough. The next few inches of snow, I'll just stay in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home