Rome, NY Sucks

But At Least We're Not Utica

Monday, May 16, 2011

I'll Pass

So, United Teachers (which is the Teachers' UNION) is running radio ads encouraging us to "pass it on." I believe "it" is the ever-increasing taxes we should pass to the next generation. I guess in the 80s and 90s, we were willing to pass whatever budget went on the ballot and we should do so forever. It seems like Ponzi it on, because the property tax proceeds are not just increasing, the percentage of home value to be paid in taxes is increasing as well.

Personally, I'm going to pass on the big school budget, the tacked-on library charge and any other crap they want tomorrow. As far as the board itself, no one really wants the job who could do something anyway, so I don't see what the point is in picking anyone. Be like Monty Brewster, vote None of the Above.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home