Rome, NY Sucks

I can't believe how many people want to be Mayor of Rome in 2015.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

First Failure of Winter

I thought I'd go back to local issues this week. When you think of local government, the first thing you think of them actually doing is filling the potholes. Around here, plowing the roads is a close second. The city has done a pretty lousy job of it in about the third day this season of snowy weather. What's more, the DPW claims they're proud of the job it's done. I think the rest of the city can be disappointed.

1 Comments:

  • At December 09, 2005 1:44 PM, Blogger NotTheWeatherGuy said…

    I'm not surprised by the DPW comment. I wonder how much coffee and donuts the boys scarfed down over at the Mapledale Dairy before hand? Priorities I guess. With all of the outcry in the Daily Disappointment over cops and how not getting their 0.45 elephant guns is a threat to public safety, how many of those concerned upstanding citizens will complain about the public safety of not having plowed roads? My guess is not much. The brain trust around here has drank the Kool-Aid long ago.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home