Rome, NY Sucks

But At Least We're Not Utica

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Gone From the Outskirts?

Doctor X at Live From the Outskirts has had it with America and Utica/Oneida County specifically.

I have had it with this place. I had had it up to here with the taxes, the fees, the scams and the bills that never stop pouring in. Every time I turn around some other fucking bunch of thieves are standing there with their hands out. The farce about the "cost of living" outside of the city is just that. I can go back to NYC if I want to get ripped off at every turn and at least I'll have some friends nearby. Here's the fucking news: I am leaving either by myself or with my belongings in tow. I am getting out of here. I came here like a fool four years ago thinking I could make something of myself outside of a big city. I got nothing but grief for it. Everyone, you were right, congratulations. I failed again. You're welcome. I am done here. I have had enough.


This would make the third blogger (after Dave Campbell and Beth) to leave the area since I've been blogging. This is what's going on around here. Government lives off the people who are fat and happy in this county and city. They like to hear the claims that we have this and that attraction and everyone should be coming here. People are voting with their feet. Griffo can shift taxes all he wants. EDGE can redistribute money. Mayor Brown can give tax breaks to rich people who build new homes instead of buying the hundreds for sale in Rome. None of these plans will work without making the city a real place to live.

4 Comments:

  • At August 01, 2005 12:10 PM, Blogger RomeHater said…

    I was never clever enough to go to college out os state. I wonder if Beth will come back to start a career in Utica.

    I sure have intent to leave. Now, if I could just get the money and work experience together to do it.

     
  • At August 02, 2005 1:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Seems like CNY needs to start fresh. We need less family politics. No more hey if you scratch my back ill scratch yours.

    I wish Rome would prosper once more. I should really get in and have a meeting with Mayor Brown sometime and ask him what hes goign to do for the city.

    Until then im stuck.

     
  • At August 02, 2005 9:03 PM, Blogger RomeHater said…

    I'll save you the trouble. Brown wants to give property tax breaks to the rich so that they'll stay. The poor are screwed so they can't leave. He's not doing anything for them.

     
  • At August 05, 2005 9:37 PM, Blogger Craig Howard said…

    I hear you.

    I'm about at the end of my rope too.

    Time to get out.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home