Rome, NY Sucks

But At Least We're Not Utica

Saturday, April 23, 2005

The word from NYC

It's nice to know that despite people from 'the city' proclaiming their superiority, things in Manhatten aren't going much better than in the rest of New York. This Live From the Outskirts entry provides a summary on the decline since he lived there.

But I've been back to Brooklyn a number of times since I left, and I still stay in touch with the old crew. And from what I hear NYC is no place for anybody to make a living unless they've made it already. Rents are outrageous, crime is making a big comeback, the transit system is broken and overpriced, and nobody speaks English in the outer boroughs anymore. This was a dramatic turnaround from the Guiliani years, when I was proud to live in NY again. I loved it, and the man.

2 Comments:

  • At April 23, 2005 6:30 PM, Blogger Craig Howard said…

    I sure do wish Giuliani would run for Governor. I've been reading these anecdotes about New York declining in several areas that Giuliani had improved, and he might get a good chunk of the nostalgia vote down there.

     
  • At April 25, 2005 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Its all about money now not the people. Sure they need to keep a balanced budget but there has to be some give and gain, some tit for tat. Im surprised that CNY has started to come down on crimes recently with syracuse's increased police efforts and Romes crack down on drugs. Im amazied these things are even getting done.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home