Rome, NY Sucks

But At Least We're Not Utica

Friday, April 15, 2005

I Hate Republicans. Now Give Me Some Money.

I like to read the occasional left-leaning blog now and then. They're not generally very idea heavy. They spend most of their time coming up with ways to insult George Bush. While I don't agree with him on a lot of things, it might be a good idea for opponents to come up with a plan that didn't consist of being less evil than Bush.

One thing I have noticed is that conservative blogs run a lot of ads while liberal blogs run ads a a lot of requests for funding. I can only assume that ad rates are better on the right side. One especially amusing site is BlogActive, a site that outs gay politicians who don't support gay friendly legislation. I like to think of it as a backhanded way to identify Republicans to be voted out in the next election.

Today's entry is quite amusing in that it devolves into a rant about the blogger's inability to pay his site's and his personal bills. And, of course, there are donation links in every comments section.

I am a blogging freeloader myself. I have no ads and pay no hosting bills. I also have between 5-10 readers most times. The problem I see in contribution seeking is that it supports the sites that engage in the strongest protests against the other side. That's true of conservative blogs as well. But even the high profile liberal blogs seem to be lacking a revenue stream at the same time they criticize the rich.

1 Comments:

  • At April 16, 2005 10:12 PM, Blogger Craig Howard said…

    I simply cannot bear the left-wing sites. Their proclivity to "out" gay Republicans and to belittle black Republicans is revolting.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home